As you may be aware the Government introduced an initiative to provide all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 with a free school meal from September 2014 that adheres to the School Food Standards.
Our school meal providers are Vertas Eats.
After speaking to parents, children and staff at Eats, we have decided that meals at this school will be provided in the following way.
- School meals will be ordered on a daily basis
- Children will have a choice of the following:
- Menu of the day
- Vegetarian Menu of the Day
- Jacket potato
- Packed Lunch of the day
- Children will need to indicate in the morning which meal they require by putting their lunch name card in the correct place in their classroom.
- You will receive a menu from Eats to tell you what the lunch options are for each day.
- You do not have to have school meals each day. You can choose to order a lunch on some days and bring a packed lunch from home on other days. Remember you also have the option of ordering a school packed lunch rather than a hot meal.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for. Please contact the school office in the first instance if this is the case.
- There will be two sittings each lunch time with the Reception children eating first. Children will sit at tables and collect their lunch from the serving hatch. They will also be able to choose additional salad each day from the salad bar. Jugs of water and cups will be available on all tables in addition to any other drinks provided.
Free School Meals
If you are in receipt of Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance Norfolk County Council are asking you to complete a form which you can get from the school secretary.